STUDENT GUIDE TO COLLEGIATE ASSESSMENT OF ACADEMIC PROFICIENCY TEST (CAAP)
Assessment & Teaching Enhancement Center
Plumb Hall 205
Office Phone: (620)-341-5103 Fax: (620)-341-6102
CAAP is a set of standardized tests developed to test basic college skills. There are three CAAP tests: Reading, Mathematics and Writing (Skills & Essay)
Bring the following to the test administration:
1) Two #2 pencils with erasers
2) Photo bearing I.D. (Drivers License or Student ID)
3) Black Ink Pen
4) A wristwatch to pace yourself during the test.
5) Simple calculators are allowed for the mathematics test. If you have questions about a particular calculator. However, all problems on the test can be solved without using a calculator. The use of scratch paper, notes, or dictionaries is NOT permitted. Scratch work is to be done in the test booklet.
The following test-taking strategies are recommended:
• Pace yourself to allow time for each question
• Read the directions for each test carefully
• Read each question carefully
• Answer the easier questions first
• Use logic in more difficult questions
• Review your work
• Answer every question because there is no penalty for guessing
• Be precise in marking your answer sheet - stay within the circles
• Erase all unintended marks completely
Test results will be mailed to you approximately six weeks after the test from the Assessment Office. You can obtain scores in-person at the Assessment Office or through postal mail. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
For the full CAAP Student Guide please CLICK HERE