Art '96 Scholarship Application Guidelines
The Department of Art at Emporia State University offers the Art 96 Scholarship to an outstanding art student. Eligibility is limited to currently enrolled Art majors entering their junior or senior years, and planning to be enrolled in at least twelve hours each semester of the coming school year. This scholarship is awarded to a student who demonstrates significant artistic achievement.
Process: The scholarship committee will choose two finalists. The committee will then interview both finalists and select a winner. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of work submitted by prospective candidates.
1) Each applicant must submit a portfolio of up to ten works completed for a class at Emporia State University. Digital images may be substituted for large-scale work or original art that is not available. Growth should be evident if including work completed the year prior to the current academic year.
2) A cover letter stating educational background, status as an art major at ESU, and interests and goals in art is also required. If studying to be an art teacher, specify level(s) of teaching preference. This is a very important part of the competition. A poorly written letter can eliminate your application.
-All work must have labels with the following information:
Academic semester work was completed:
- 5pm Tuesday, March 14, 2017 is the deadline for delivering portfolios to be considered for the Art 96 Scholarship competition. Deliver materials to the Conference Room in the Art Office by 5pm. Materials received after this time will not be considered.
- Wednesday, March 15 is when the finalists for the award will be announced.
- Thursday, March 16 is when non-finalists may pick up their artwork after the finalists have been announced.
- Friday, March 17 is when the interviews of the finalists will be conducted.
- Tuesday, April 4 is when the name of the recipient will be announced during the opening reception of the Annual Student Art Exhibition.
Scholarship Committee: Roberta Eichenberg, Derek Wilkinson, Mayela Cardenas