Trading Spaces—students move in to Trusler Hall
The day before spring semester classes started was move-in day for students of Singular Hall who claimed their rooms in the newly renovated Trusler Hall.
Singular, built in 1959, and Trusler, built in 1963, share common spaces in the middle of the building. The building is connected to the Towers Complex on the east.
The renovation of Trusler’s 60 student rooms included adding a sink/ vanity with a mirror to each room. Each floor has community restrooms for residents designed with three large sink/vanities, three toilets and five showers that added changing stalls.
Lounges on each floor include 40-inch flat screen televisions and modern, comfortable furniture. The new spaces added technology — wireless internet, two Ethernet connection
ports in rooms, five outlets for electronic devices — as well as free laundry and cable television provided in lounges.
Students living in Singular packed up their rooms before leaving for the winter break.
Renovation work is now underway in Singular. When completed, each floor will have larger core community lounges connecting the two buildings.