Changing lives…one call at a time
Spotlight thinks it’s time to put faces to the voices you hear when you answer the phone call from an Emporia State University student is asking for your support.
“We have a great team of student callers,” said Angela Fullen, annual fund manager for the Emporia State Foundation. “Each of them has a passion for Emporia State, a positive attitude, and great communication skills.”
Over the course of 15 weeks each semester, the student callers attempt to reach over 26,000 alumni. Along with updating alumni records, the students share information on current events at Emporia State and ask for support for the Foundation’s Annual Fund in Support of Excellence. During the spring, the callers solicit support for scholarships.
Call Center staffers, majors and hometowns include:
- Matt Casas, freshman Sociology major from Omaha, Neb.;
- Becky Fraker (student manager), junior Business Education major from Shawnee;
- Gabrielle Garrison, freshman Secondary Business major from Milton;
- Megan Glotzbach, senior Accounting major from Council Grove;
- Carrisa Hoover, junior Rehabilitation Services major from Lyons;
- Chase Johnson, freshman Spanish major from Andover;
- Smantha Jones, sophomore Economics major from Burlington;
- Emily Lang, freshman Elementary Education major from Prairie Village;
- Owen Murphy, junior English major from Emporia;
- Jessica Paden, freshman Elementary Education major from Osawatomie;
- Dani Pate, freshman Rehabilitation Services major from Clearwater;
- Sheldon Patton, senior Social Science major from Emporia;
- Jessica Rice (student manager), senior Psychology major from Lee’s Summit, Mo.;
- Carley Saunders, freshman Secondary Education major from Wichita;
- Noel Smiley, senior Health Promotion major from Oklahoma City, Okla.;
- Yadah Smith, freshman Criminal Justice major from St. Louis, Mo.;
- Max Venable, freshman Rehabilitation Services major from Baldwin City; and
- Mallory Walden, sophomore International Business major from Wichita.
If you’ve answered a call from one of our Call Center students, thank you, sincerely, for your time.