Spotlight Spring 2012 Edition
- Remembering December 7 Alumna Jane Socolofsky Course recalls Emporia's response.
- Musings while underground Welcome to Spotlight, Spring 2012-style.
- Calendar of events A look at what's coming up at ESU.
- Alumni directory project kicks off this summer Time to update the ESU Alumni Association directory!
- Committed to dream for ESU The ESU Foundation welcomes its new president.
- ESU Foundation Board of Trustees, November 2011 ESU Foundation Board of Trustees met in November, 2011.
- A big deal: $7.5 million scholarship commitment New plan raises award amounts and length of merit scholarships.
- ESU's president listens Shonrock hits the ground running, listening, and learning.
- Shonrock believes in service Idealist, optimist, and creative strategist.
- Hornet Telethon reaches out to new students Prospective Hornets get phone calls, postcards from community.
- Dr. Tom Eddy honored 50 years at Emporia State.
- Scientists evaluate Emporia State's undergraduate research program Research scientists take a look.
- Students present zebra mussel research Conference in Mexico sees research efforts.
- Bulletin named best - again Campus newspaper wins top honors for the second year in a row.
- The salt of the earth Cover story: Lee Spence of Underground Vaults & Storage
- AACSB reaffirms accreditation ESU's School of Business is reaccredited.
- Nine qualify for PBL competition Phi Beta Lambda competition in San Antonio.
- Making their mark Two ESU School of Business grads help do the world's heavy lifting.
- ESU honors tenth class of Capitol Federal Savings Scholars High-GPA business students earn scholarships.
- Born at Emporia State University Doug Smith talks about the university that allowed him to grow.
- Epic debate season A flurry of prestigious awards for ESU debate.
- Searching for—and recognizing—the best Nominations for boards and awards at ESU.
- Outstanding Recent Grads Four tell their stories.
- Distinguished Alumni Four to be proud of.
- Refer a Hornet! Know a grad? Send him or her to ESU!
- Putting the fun in functional Memorial Union renovation nearly complete.
- A credit-worthy project Tax credits available for Union renovation donors
- Sherrer family names Union conference room Conference room named in honor of Judy Sherrer.
- Connecting with the ESU Alumni Association What does an alumni association do?
- 2011 Hornet Heritage Family A "Prophet-able" connection
- One for the history books Ruth Wagner, Class of 1941, honored at Homecoming
- Hornet softball takes on DII...again Ninth consecutive year.
- Lady Hornet basketball ranked 19th 23-9 season earns ranking.
- Men's basketball competes at MIAA tourney Tenth straight year for the Hornets.
- All-MIAA honors to 11 tennis players Men's and women's teams earn recognition.
- Etheridge, Mona pace Hornet track and field All-American honors for both.
- Spring football Injury shortens game.
- Chiefs Hall of Famer visits Football alums bring Neil Smith to Emporia.
- Remembering Yawei and Zheng Students killed in October apartment fire.
- Through the Years-Deaths Recognizing departed Hornets.
- Through the Years-Honors, Nuptials and Births Celebrating Hornet achievements.
- Around Hornet Nation A quick swing through recent alumni activities.
- Save the date for Homecoming 2012 Save the date!
Here's the Spring, 2012 edition of Spotlight, the magazine for members of the Emporia State University Alumni Association!
You have three options for viewing the magazine, since we like to give you plenty of alternatives. On the left are links that take you to web pages full of Spotlight content.
Or, if you'd like to view the magazine in its entirety, click on the cover image above. (Make sure you click on the "Fullscreen" tab in the upper-left corner of the page that appears.) From there, you can navigate through the magazine by clicking either the arrows on the screen or the left and right arrows on your keyboard.
Option number three: Spotlight in conventional PDF form.
And as always, let us know what you think and what you're up to.