Here's the Fall, 2012 edition of Spotlight, the magazine for members of the Emporia State University Alumni Association!
You have three options for viewing the magazine, since we like to give you plenty of alternatives. On the left are links that take you to web pages full of Spotlight content.
Or, if you'd like to view the magazine in its entirety, click on the cover image above. (Make sure you click on the "Fullscreen" tab in the upper-left corner of the page that appears.) From there, you can navigate through the magazine by clicking either the arrows on the screen or the left and right arrows on your keyboard.
Option number three: Spotlight in conventional PDF form.
And as always, let us know what you think and what you're up to.
Spotlight Fall 2012 Edition
- Training camp water balloon fight goes viral Impromptu barrage sets television sports anchors' tongues wagging.
- Musings on the farm Of sunsets...hay bales...and triggering college memories.
- Calendar of events What's upcoming at Emporia State.
- Students join Postcard Palooza recruitment push Enrollment push features pizza and postcards
- Education Secretary urges students to start social movement "Education Drives America" tour includes Teachers College town meeting
- The time is 'Right Now' for Emporia State's Gabe & Benny Hear Emporia State's new anthem!
- Emporia State student teachers benefit from Lattner Challenge funding Juggling finances and classtime gets a little easier
- Sodexo chef traveling for fall cuisine tour Chef Johny recognized for culinary skills
- A day dedicated to research Students learn to present research
- Successful recruitment efforts seen in Emporia State enrollment numbers More freshmen, transfer students. And higher ACT scores!
- Building dynamic leaders for the future Hayes Lecture speaker stresses vision, community
- Now and Forever Emporia State raises the bar with plans for a comprehensive campaign
- Outstanding Recent Graduates Cory Haag, Leah Childers, and Howard West
- Distinguished Alumni Dale Cushinberry, Norma Hafenstein, Floyd Hoelting, and Dianne H. B. Welsh
- A renewed legacy Transforming Emporia State’s Memorial Union
- The work continues Taking advantage of room naming opportunities in the Memorial Union
- A natural fit Osage City couple reflects “grow where you’re planted” spirit
- Changing lives since 1863 Emporia State gets ready for a milestone
- Seacat family’s connection to ESU and teaching celebrated Hornet Heritage Family
- Celebrating a legendary career Honoring "Doc" Baxter on his retirement
- Blue Key recharters at Emporia State 50 years later, inaugural class returns as honor society is reinvented at Emporia State
- Outreach offices expand Hornet admissions presence in Kansas City and Wichita Amy Jo Troyer, Denelle Hurd extend Hornet recruitment work
- Changing lives…one call at a time The voices at the other end of the line
- Athletes in the community Athletes giving back
- Psychology on track Studying college athletes
- Hornets take Kanza Bowl, capping off spectacular season 10-2, baby!
- 2012 ESU Athletic Hall of Honor Inductees Joining distinguished group
- Volleyball finishes 2012 with 20-12 record Another winning season
- Through the Years-In Memoriam Recognizing departed Hornets
- Through the Years-Honors, Nuptials and Births Celebrating Hornet achievements
- From the President Greetings from Dr. Michael D. Shonrock
- Around Hornet Nation See what your fellow Hornets have been up to
- Save the Date! February 15, 2013. It'll be huge!