2013 Emporia State University Alumni Association Directory Update
The Emporia State University Alumni Association is partnering with PCI: the data company (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company that creates and publishes alumni directories for educational institutions. They are located in Dallas, TX.
The toll-free number to update your information is 1-866-546-5913.
The call center hours are: M - F 7 a.m. - 9 p.m., Saturdays 8 a.m. - 4:45 p.m., Sundays 11 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. CST
For additional questions, please call the toll-free customer service number at 1-800-982-1590.
PCI partners with 17 of the top 25 universities as rated by US News and World Report including Princeton, Harvard, and Georgetown. They have also recently completed directories for the University of Wisconsin, Northwestern University, Purdue, and Notre Dame.
Frequently asked questions
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Emporia State University. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a 30 year-old company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Emporia State University to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Emporia State University has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
a. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by Emporia State University for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
b. The Directory will be made available only to alumni of Emporia State University listed in the Directory. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Emporia State University any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Emporia State University or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Emporia State University project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the numbers for the Emporia State University alumni is 1-866-546-5913.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1-800-395-4724.
4. Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Emporia State University alumni Directory is available for sale only to Emporia State University alumni.
5. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in June of 2012, the directories will be distributed in June of 2013.
6. I ordered a package containing the Companion Airline Voucher, but I haven’t received the post card requesting verification of my address.
For those who purchase a package containing the Companion Airline Voucher, they will receive a postcard within 2 -3 weeks and will direct them to go to the PCI website to initiate the voucher process by entering their ID # and order # (shown on the postcard) and verify their mailing address. Alternatively, the buyer can call a toll free number (also shown on the postcard) and leave a voicemail to initiate the voucher process.
After verifying your address you will receive a tri-fold voucher so you can begin to make your travel arrangements.
Basics of the voucher program: Book one flight through the voucher issuing travel agency and get a second companion ticket on that flight for free
The voucher is:
- Two Tickets for One Low Price
- 200 Worldwide Destinations
- NO BLACKOUT DATES
- 40 Plus Airline Carriers
- 24/7 Online Booking
- 7-Day Advance Purchase
- Frequent Flier Miles for Both Passengers
- Guaranteed Low Price
7. Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1-800-395-4724) or to the Alumni Office (620-341-6469 or toll-free 1-855-378-2586).
8. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1-800-395-4724, and they will take care of this for you.
9. Is there an environmentally-friendly version of the alumni directory?
Yes, alumni may purchase a CD ROM of the directory.
10. Can I choose what information is listed in the directory?
Absolutely. You may tell the caller what information you would prefer to have excluded when you call to update/verify your information. As a standard, the following information will be printed in the directory:
- First name, middle initial, last name, and your surname while a student at Emporia State University - if different from your current last name
- Class Year
- Home mailing address
- Preferred phone number
- Preferred email address
- Degrees received from Emporia State University, Emporia Kansas State College, Kansas State Teachers College, or Kansas Normal School
- Degrees from other schools (if provided to PCI)
- Job title and company (if available and/or provided to PCI)
- Spouse and children, first name only (if provided to PCI)
If you wish not to have certain information printed in the directory, you may choose to have specific details omitted.
11. What are my options for purchasing a 2013 Emporia State University Alumni Association Directory from PCI?
The directory is available for members of the Alumni Association to purchase. Consult the chart to determine your purchase preference.
|Package Offer||Includes||Price||Shipping and Handling|
|Corky's Basic:||Softbound Directory or CD ROM||$99.95||$9.95|
|Corky's Ultimate:||Softbound Directory, CD ROM, and High Quality ESU Logo Sweatshirt and Tshirt||$189.95||$19.95|
|Corky's Value:||Softbound Directory, CD ROM, and Airline Companion Ticket||$139.95||$15.95|
|Alumni by Decade CD ROM||CD ROM||$49.95||$9.95|
|*NOTE: Foreign shipping and handling, add||$30.00|