INCOMING FRESHMAN STUDENT
If you will graduate from high school in 2015, SCROLL DOWN for more information!
If you will graduate from high school or receive your GED in May/June 2014 (with or without college credit), you’re a freshman. Also, if you graduated from high school, or received your GED before May 2014, but you won’t have 24 or more hours of college credit earned after your graduation date, you’re a freshman.
- Fill out the application for admission.
- Pay the $30 application fee
- Have your ACT or SAT scores sent to ESU (students under the age of 21 only)
- Have your high school transcript or GED test scores sent to ESU
- Send transcripts from any college credit you have earned
- If you are 21 or over and have graduated from an accredited high school or received an overall GED score of 2550, with subscores of 510 or higher, you will be admitted to ESU.
- If you took the test prior to July 1, 2002, you'll need 50 or more points on each sub-test and an overall score of 250 or higher.
- If you or took the test after January 1, 2014, you'll need to score 150 or more points on each sub-test and an overall score of 680 or higher.
- Also, if you took the High School Equivalecy (HiSET) test on or after January 1, 2014, you'll need an overal lscore of at least 75 points and a minimum score of 8 points on each subtest.
If you’re under 21, the following information is for you:
Emporia State, along with the other five Kansas Regents Universities, has been following Qualified Admissions standards since August of 2001. You will automatically be admitted to Emporia State by meeting ONE of these requirements.
- Achieve an ACT Score of 21 or above, or a verbal+math SAT score of 980 or above.
- Rank in the top one-third of your high school’s graduating class.
- Complete the pre-college curriculum with at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average.
Students from out of state must have at least a 2.5 Grade Point Average on a comparable curriculum
For students graduating from high school in December 2013, or May 2014, the Precollege Curriculum is listed below:
- 4 approved units of English; one unit taken each year of high school
- 3 units of Natural Science; one unit must be Chemistry or Physics
- 3 units of Math; Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II or any math course that has Algebra II as a prerequisite.
- 3 units of Social Science; one unit of US History, 1/2 unit of US Government, 1/2 unit of World History, World Geography or International Relations. There is a list of additional courses that may be used to complete the requirement here.
2015 High School Graduates!
Congratulations!! You are almost a SENIOR!! We want to make the application process EASY for you because you are going to be busy!
- Apply for admission to Emporia State at www.emporia.edu/admissions/apply.html
- Pay the $30 app fee online or request a fee waiver by having your counselor send us confirmation of free/reduced lunch, an ACT/SAT Waiver, or your AVID/Gear Up/Upward Bound participation. Your counselor can email this waiver form to Mr. Lyndel Landgren at firstname.lastname@example.org or send by mail to the address below.
- Ask your counselor to send us:
- Your transcript, your class rank and a list of your senior classes.
- Your ACT score, including your subscores, if you’ve taken the test!
- Your counselor can send transcripts/scores by mail or by email to Roxie Pearson at email@example.com
- OR you may now self-report your high school classes, class rank and ACT scores. Choose the right self-report form based on the type of schedule your high school (or homeschool) uses; SEMESTER, TRIMESTER, or QUARTER.
To learn more about ESU, you can sign up for a Black and Gold Visit Day at www.emporia.edu/events
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you about the upcoming changes to the Kansas Board of Regents requirements for admission to all state universities in Kansas. Beginning Fall 2015, the following requirements will go into effect:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of Social Science
- 3 years of Science, including Chemistry or Physics
- 3 years of Electives
- 3 years of Math – Algebra I, II and Geometry AND achieve at least a 22 Math Subscore on the ACT*
*If you haven’t taken the ACT yet, or scored below a 22 Math Subscore, be sure to enroll in a 4th year of math your senior year! One semester of College Algebra will count as your 4th year of Math!
You will be Guaranteed Admission to Emporia State with the following:
- You’ve earned a 21 ACT OR rank in the Top 1/3 of your Class AND
- You’ve Completed the QA Core classes listed above with a 2.0 cumulative GPA in those courses AND
- You’ve earned a 22 Math Subscore OR completed a 4th year of Math.
- If you enroll in college courses during high school, it is also required that you achieve a 2.0 GPA or higher in those courses.
If you feel that you may not meet the requirements, call us at 877.468.6378 to discuss other options for admission to Emporia State University!
Best wishes for an outstanding senior year! We look forward to working with you!
GO HORNETS! Stingers Up!
Emporia State Admissions, Campus Box 4034, 1 Kellogg Circle, Emporia, KS 66801