Skip to content

Undergraduate Admissions


Thank you for your interest in applying to Emporia State University!

*ONLINE APPLICATION - Are you a new freshman or transfer student interested in pursuing a degree at ESU? If you will graduate from high school in in May/June, 2015, visit this page before you apply!

You’ll have an opportunity to pay the Board of Regents $30 Application Fee at the end of this online application. This fee is required to continue the processing of your application for admission.

If you receive free/reduced lunch, received an ACT/SAT Waiver, or are a member of AVID, Gear Up or Upward Bound, your counselor can email or complete this App Fee Waiver Request Form  documenting your participation to:

Admissions, Attn: Lyndel Landgren, Campus Box 4034, 1 Kellogg Circle, Emporia, KS  66801


You may print this application and mail it with payment, or call our office to pay $30 Application Fee by the phone at 877.468.6378. This fee is required to continue the processing of your application for admission.

RETURNING STUDENT - Have you been an ESU student in the past and would like to return?

SPECIAL ENROLLMENT APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION FORM (PRINTABLE) - Are you interested in taking a single class at ESU? Or, would you like to take a few classes to see what ESU has to offer? This is a "non-degree seeking" application.

JUMP START APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION FORM (PRINTABLE) – Are you a high school student from Lyon, Coffey or Osage County and want to take advantage of our Jump Start Scholarship Program? 

View our Jump Start Flyer for more information on taking online or dual credit courses from Emporia State before you graduate high school.

CONCURRENT STUDENT APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION FORM  (PRINTABLE) - Are you a high school student and want to take classes at ESU before you graduate from high school?

INTERNATIONAL STUDENT - Are you from a country outside of the United States and wish to study in Kansas?

SECOND BACHELORS - This application is for students who have previously taken classes at ESU, or have earned a Bachelors Degree from ESU.

*This is your application if you are a US Citizen/Permanent Resident Who is...

  • A High School or Home School Graduate, or has completed a GED.
  • A Transfer Student from another college or university interested in programs on and off campus.
  • A Transfer Student who has completed a Bachelors Degree from a college other than ESU and would like to receive a Second Bachelors Degree.
  • A Graduate Student.